I am also adding suggestions to cookware, cookbooks and speciality foods I have or have had and recommend. Any questions please feel free to email me and please suggest this blog to your friends and family!!! Where there's food there's friends! Also email me with recipe requests and I would be happy to make and post one. Always up for new ideas!!







Thursday, March 17, 2011

My Mamas Augratin Potatoes

10 potatoes peeled, sliced,boiled and drained
4c. shredded cheddar cheese
4c. diced ham
1 onion diced
salt
pepper
6T. butter
2 cans evaporated milk

1. Make an assembly line. Potatoes in one bowl, ham in bowl, onion inanother bowl and lets get ready to assemble.
2. Grease a glass casserole pan with 3T of butter.
3. Place a third of the potatoes on bottom, top with a third of the ham and a third of the cheese, sprinkle some salt and pepper over the top and do that 3 more times.
4. Take The rest of butter and dab it on the top of the casserole, then pour the 2 cans of evaporated milk around top and edges of the casserole.
5. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for an hour.

**TRICK** you can use raw poatoes but add 2 hours to cooking time.
**TRICK** I own that Rachel Ray Stoneware set and I love it!!!! for all my casseroles, stews and ovened yummies!

No comments:

Post a Comment