I am also adding suggestions to cookware, cookbooks and speciality foods I have or have had and recommend. Any questions please feel free to email me and please suggest this blog to your friends and family!!! Where there's food there's friends! Also email me with recipe requests and I would be happy to make and post one. Always up for new ideas!!







Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My Mamas Potato Soup

4 slices of bacon
4 potatoes (peeled and diced)
1 carrot (shredded)
2 stalks of celery (chopped)
2 cans evaporated milk
1/2 an onion diced
1T. salt
1t. pepper
4 cups of water
2 cups chicken broth

Cut the bacon into strips and fry til crispy. Strain onto paper towel and set aside. In a large pot add broth, water, onion, potatoes, carrots, celery, salt, pepper, bacon crispies and 1 T. bacon fat. Cook on medium until potatoes are tender. Remove from heat and add the 2 cans of evaporated milk. Serve immediately.











No comments:

Post a Comment